At Investment Moats, I talked about it pretty early that we may eventually follow the US in abolishing all-you-can-eat mobile data plan to one where you are charge based on your usage.
Do read these articles if you haven’t:
- Primer to telecom investing: Singtel, M1, Starhub
- Starhub, M1 and Singtel’s existing telecom business model approaches end of life
- How the smartphone revolution will affect M1, Starhub and Singtel
- Smartphone revolution causing back hual problems
- Telecom operators in US moves to tiered pricing
- The rise of VOIP iPhone App Viber
This week we finally got more information on how 4G plans is going to be in Singapore. For Singtel, they will be offering lower data cap in LTE plans. Eventually they will remove 3G all together.
- First stage pricing: New 4G plan will bundle 10GB of LTE data along with existing 50GB of 3G data for an additional $10 on …