In March, MAS Announces of a custom bond that aims to help Singaporeans save money at a higher savings return. This afternoon, they release more information on how to purchase it, how much you can purchase each time, and the max limit which you can hold.
I wrote about this in the past:
- This Singapore Savings Bonds: Liquidity, Higher Returns and Government Backing. Dream?
- More details of the Singapore Savings Bond. Looks like my Emergency Fund now
To summarize, the bond is
- of good rating since it is backed by Singapore Government which has high ratings
- a buy back principal protection put, which you can sell at any month
- you will know the various duration returns should hold it for various duration at the point of issuance
All this point to my point that while, it is not as liquid as cash savings account, but it …