This eBook project was initiated by Alvin from BigFatPurse who contacted me a few months ago to offer an alternative view on how one can invest their first $20K. In the original article, the experts shared that it is best to invest the first $20K in unit trusts and should only consider investing in stocks when you have a higher budget of $50K and above. I do not disagree with them as this is a safe approach but is this the only option? Will this help you the achieve your financial goals?
Everyone has different financial goals and risk appetites. There isn’t a “one size fits all” approach. I started dabbling in stocks with just $10K and the results were not very good. This is exactly what the experts warn against but I have no regrets because I learned many invaluable lessons along the way.
My contribution to the book project also aligns with my belief that the ordinary investors should have a stronger voice in the finance community. There are a total of 14 articles contributed from various bloggers of different walks of life.
The articles that you will find in this eBook:
1. First Thing First – Invest in yourself | By Jared, SingaporeManOfLeisure
2. Finding Your Ideal Wealth Machine | By Keith, InvestmentMoats
3. The 80/20 Guide To Investing $20K | By Lionel Yeo, CheerfulEgg
4. Investing Your First $20,000 | By Kevin, TurtleInvestor
5. How To Participate In The Market With 20K (But Not Get Involved) | By La Papillion, BullyTheBear
6. Discovering The Path To Investing | By SGYI, SgYoungInvestment
7. How Would I Invest My First $20K Conservatively | By Richard Ng, InvestOpenly
8. If You Fail To Plan, You Plan To Fail! | By Budget Babe, sgBudgetBabe
9. A Letter To My 24-Year-Old Self | By 15HWW, my15HourWorkWeek
10. My $20K Approach To Investing | By Brian, ForeverFinancialFreedom
11. How To Invest If I Have $20K | By Derek, TheFinance
12. Proposed Approach To Invest $20,000 For The Intermediate Investor | By Christopher Ng Wai Chung, GrowingYourTreeOfProsperity
13. $20,000 With 20 Stocks In 20 Months (The 20:20:20 Giraffe Approach) | By Giraffe, GiraffeValue
14. The Best Investment You Can Have With $20,000 | By Alvin, BigFatPurse
I am sure that you can easily find one if not several articles that you can relate to and this eBook is absolutely FREE.
To receive it, simply leave your email address below. You’ll also be automatically subscribed to receive free daily stock updates, investment strategies and personal finance articles written by local bloggers delivered directly to your mailbox.