Or maybe we actually do know it and just fail in doing what we know we should do.
To know and not to do is really not to know yet.
Some timeless advice I’ve heard from the age-experienced over the years:
- time is more important than money
- almost everything in life is a trade-off
- autonomy at work is highly underrated
- being nice to people is highly underrated
- quit worrying so much about the past and the future; enjoy the NOW
It can be difficult to think this way in the heat of the moment. I know that’s true for me. But these types of lessons and wisdom (= knowledge + life experience) provide a nice reminder to put things into perspective more often.
And as a Tacomober (“someone who takes care of my own business”) I obviously do love this one:
116 Years Old: Lessons Left Behind From the World’s Oldest …