You know taxi companies are in trouble when …
– You land at Changi Airport and there’s no taxi available to bring you home.
– You try the limousine/Maxicab service and it say no vehicles are available!
– When you eventually get into one, the driver seems to have difficulty breathing.
– The driver signals right and the signal remains ‘right’ all the way.
– You start thinking whether you should take over the wheel?
Uber and Grab have reshaped public transportation.
[Even if London has chosen to reject Uber.]
– My son decided not to meet us at the airport because surge rates had risen to more than $40 for the ride to the airport.
SMRT has already been taken private by Temasek Holdings. How about ComfortDelgro? Perhaps its relationship with VICOM will become reversed over time. Is that at all conceivable? …