So I saw one of my Facebook friend shared out this article titled Stark Reality: Singaporeans Waking from the Housing Dream.
It was written in Jun 2017. And it is long.
This article provides:
- History of the role of public housing
- Narratives by various parties on this issue over the years
- Questions from the public regarding the mix signals they are receiving on this leasehold condo-rum
- Not being inclusive due to the stringent rules
- Housing affordability versus other countries, with our higher cost of living and large contribution to social security
- An attack on my friend 15 Hour Work Week and his Wife
- Housing size have shrunk
- Where the profits from land sales is going and its accounting and reporting by the government
- CPF and Housing
- The social, economic and political implication of the HDB
The article have a negative slant against the incumbent government, but I do acknowledge its …