- Investing is pretty much like taking a plunge. Swim or sink.
- People can set different goals and pace for themselves (I don’t need to be like everyone else).
- The end of a lap always seems very far away (as I am short-sighted, I can hardly see it) when I started out. With consistency and perseverance, I will eventually reach the other end.
- I swim in the style I am most comfortable and adept in. It may not be the fastest stroke but it should definitely be one that keeps me afloat and moving. Yeah, it’s very much each to his own.
- Strength and stamina will determine how fast and how I you can go. Just like in investing, 3Ms is my strength and account size is my stamina.
- Lots of time and practice are needed to build both strength and stamina.
- Conserve energy if I want to do more laps …
What swimming taught me about investing