As I was talking about looking to increase my competency in investing in residental real estate in Singapore, or at the very least, understand why are people doing it, in a post here.
I’m basing my takeaway from a rental investment property POV.
So here we go:
Suggestions from the Author
- Start early with a longer time horizon (the same mantra given for shares)
- longer loan duration, which requires lower installments (but you pay more interest somewhat)
- Property prices increase with inflation
- Don’t keep waiting to save enough for your dream home, can start with HDB and progress to private properties. Most people keep saving but fail to pull the trigger when the opportunity arises.
- Get your finances in order and know how much you can commit
- Buy a reasonably sized property within your affordability so that you do not slave your whole life to pay it …