I was a bit quiet over the last 4 weeks for a reason.
I went for a Mountain Biking Tour to Nepal.
Living in a densely populated City-Island-State like Singapore—where driving in any direction for about 30 minutes brings you to an abrupt stop in front of the water’s edge, or even worse, every minute (perceived that is) brings you to a halt in front of a traffic light—creates urges to see landscapes not dominated by man-made marvels and to drive non-stop until one’s lungs, or that occasional goat herd or Yak demand a stop.
All this can be had in Nepal’s Himalayas aka Annapurna Circuit:
- Beautiful untouched scenery generously decorated with snow-capped mountains.
- Adventurous Jeep rides trundling over tiny rugged trails along “oh-shiiit-cliffs”.
- Friendly and helpful people.
- Relaxed and slower paced life where money does not seem to be the priority.
- Glimpses of undisturbed wildlife.