Haw Par Corporation Ltd (Haw Par) has a century-old legacy where its roots are traced back to the 19th century. It started with Aw Boon Haw (the Tiger) and his brother, Aw Boon Par (the Leopard) in the British colonial days. The two brothers had perfected their dad’s recipe of making ointments, which in turn, led to the production of ‘Tiger Balm’.

The two founding brothers, Aw Boon Haw and Aw Boon Par, passed away in 1944 and 1954. Subsequently, Aw Cheng Chye, the son of Aw Boon Par, took control over the family’s businesses. In 1969, Haw Par Brothers International Ltd was listed on the Singapore stock exchange. Then, in 1981, Wee Cho Yaw, the man behind United Overseas Bank (UOB), took over control of Haw Par Brothers International Ltd. In 1997, the company was subsequently renamed to Haw Par Corporation Ltd (Haw Par) and has resumed its name …