Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd (JCC) has its roots traced back to as far back as the year 1899 when the Chua Brothers set up the Federal Store in Kuala Lumpur. Back then, it was a sundry shop, selling anything from soaps, to screwdrivers, to bicycles. Subsequently, it trades motor vehicles, expanded its business into Singapore, and was renamed to Cycle & Carriage in 1926.

Cycle & Carriage started to sell Mercedes Benz vehicles in 1951, was listed on Bursa Malaysia and commenced retailing of Mitsubishi vehicles in Singapore in 1977. In 2000, it began to sell Kia vehicles in Singapore and invested a 31% stake in P.T. Astra International Tbk, a leading conglomerate in Indonesia.

In 2002, Jardine Strategic had acquired a majority stake in Cycle & Carriage and integrated it into the Jardine Matheson Group. Two years later, Cycle & Carriage was renamed to JCC. Since then, …