Following the proposed merger between Frasers Logistics and Industrial Trust and Frasers Commercial Trust, another REIT announced their merger. On 22nd January 2020, CapitaLand Mall Trust and CapitaLand Commercial Trust announced their proposed merger.

CapitaMall Trust currently has 15 properties in its portfolio while Capita Commercial Trust has 10 properties. With the proposed merger, the merged REIT will have a total of 24 properties. (Capita Commercial Trust has 60.0% of Raffles City while CapitaMall Trust owns the other 40%)

With the merger, the properties are valued at S$22.9 billion.

With the proposed merger, CapitaLand Commercial Trust holders will receive

0.72 CapitaMall Trust Units per CapitaLand Commercial Trust unit S$0.2590 in cash per CapitaLand Commercial Trust unit Pro Forma DPU Accretion

CapitaMall Trust currently makes up 9% of my stock portfolio. I currently do not hold any CapitaLand Commercial Trust units thus I will not receive any new CapitaMall