Here’s something that I’ve been puzzling about regarding the CPF retirement sum.

Say you only managed to accumulate enough for a Full Retirement Sum (FRS) of $176,000 by age 55. But you actually wanted to achieve the Enhanced Retirement Sum (ERS) of $264,000. Can you still do so somehow later?

Up to age 55, you can contribute to the Special Account (SA) up till the FRS amount. And at age 55, the Ordinary Account (OA) and Special Account (SA) are then poured into the Retirement Account (RA). But let’s suppose you didn’t have any money left in the OA, and the SA had $176,000. So the resultant RA would only be $176,000.

Post-55 though, you can contribute to the RA up to the ERS amount.  But how do you move from FRS to catch up all the way to ERS? Is it a matter of topping up the difference of $88,000?  I think