If you have lived in Singapore for an extended period of time, I am sure that you would have visited a CapitaLand Limited (Ltd.) (SGX: C31) property at least once in your life.
CapitaLand Ltd. is also the largest real estate company that’s part of the Straits Times Index, and one of the biggest real estate companies in Asia.
Not to mention that the company sponsors several real estate investment trusts (REITs) listed in Singapore, including:
- Ascendas Real Estate Investment Trust (SGX: A17U)
- Ascendas India Trust (SGX: CY6U)
- Ascott Residence Trust (SGX: HMN)
- CapitaLand China Trust (SGX: AU8U)
- CapitaLand Commercial Trust (SGX: C61U)
- CapitaLand Integrated Commercial Trust (SGX: C38U)
- CapitaLand Mall Trust (SGX: C38U).
However, the company did not do too well in FY2020, it posted a net loss of around S$1.57 billion; the first time it had posted a loss in about two decades.