What we like
- 5 minute walk to MRT (Almost fully sheltered)
- Commercial shops just downstairs
- Close to Our Tampines Hub
- Close to a park connector
What we don't like
- —Some corridors are narrow and lacks space outside units
- —Small amount of liveable space
Centrale 8 At Tampines DBSS was the 8th out of 13 DBSS to be built in Singapore, and it holds a special place in Singapore’s DBSS history as one of the most (if not the most) scandalous DBSS that formed part of why the entire scheme was scrapped.
When developer Sim Lian announced the indicative price of a 5-room flat of up to $880,000, a public outcry ensued. Despite DBSS supposedly catering to higher-income earners, the sticker price alone went against HDB’s ethos of providing affordable public housing.
|Type of Flat||Indicative Price Range|
|3-Room||$397,000 – $510,000|
|4-Room||$531,000 – $683,000|
|5-Room||$685,000 – $880,000|
To provide some context, Tampines Greenleaf (just next door) was launched a month earlier with 5-room flats starting at about...