I had lunch with an ex-colleague from my corporate-duty-days yesterday.
She asked me how was it possible (sic!) to achieve financial freedom by the age of 44?
Hmm, that made me think.
I was not able to come up with a simple straightforward answer that could be fit into one crisp sentence that could be comprehended while munching on a bowl of uncooperative Pasta Carbonara.
So afterward, I started to list down some factors that worked in my case (individual results may vary):
- Sleep (not too much, but regular sleep of at least 6 hours)
- Not smoking (not even passive)
- Not gambling (not even socially)
- Not too much of alcohol (besides the occasional social drinking)
- Sex (lots of it and predominantly social)
- Not following the herd (different is better than better)
- Not having great material possessions but having few wants (spend less because the power of wanting trumps …