My Little One (MoneyOwl) Start Date: May 2020 Allocation: 60% Equities, 40% Fixed Income Investment Amount: $300 per month
My Sweetheart and I (Endowus) Start Date: Jun 2020 Allocation: 60% Equities, 40% Bonds Investment Amount: $300 per month
Let’s Beat CPF (Endowus) Start Date: Jun 2020 Allocation: 80% Equities, 20% Bonds Investment Amount: $5,000 lump sum from CPF-OA
7-July-2021 Apply for IREIT Rights 27-July-2021 Bought 2,000 shares of Lion-OCBC Securities Hang Seng TECH ETF @$1.158. A conversation with fellow bloggers on why I went into China Tech. 13-Aug-2021 Surprising all my excess rights for IREIT was filled. That's over 3 times my entitlement! It's a first for me and usually such a situation will only happen if no one wants it (think of my Sembcorp Marine). Fortunately the price after rights is still above my average buy price. 06-Sep-2021 Purchased $310 USDC from Crypto.com and transfer it to Celsius Network to enjoy the promo. Ended up paying a whopping $40 USDC in fees because I forget that the fee is deducted from the transferred amount. Hence, in order to meet the minimum sum of the promo, I had to transfer twice (2 x $20 USDC in fees). Fortunately, I still ended up with a net gain of $20 USDC from the promo. I explored several platforms for the cheapest way to enjoy the promo:
- Gemini was my first choice because it has free transfer but their platform do not have USDC or USDT.
- Buying from Celsius is out due to the high cost.
- BlockFI does seem to allow me to buy from Singapore
- While I have Coinhako, the transfer fees is not exactly the cheapest
- I did not explore Kukion or Hodlnaut (I believe Hodlnaut only allow transfers and does not allow buying of Cryptos).