If you were paying close attention to the Budget 2018 speech on Monday, as well as my feature on Ask the Finance Minister 2018 earlier this week, you would probably have caught onto:
- The government will be introducing a financial education curriculum for polytechnics and universities.
- Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat emphasized on the importance of individual financial planning and preparations for the future if we are to cope with rising costs.
- ensure we (and our dependents) are adequately covered by insurance
- upgrade ourselves and get higher-paying jobs
- build an emergency fund
- invest and plan our finances early so we do not get caught off-guard